To celebrate Earth Month (April 2014), Contiki sent an influential group of bloggers, filmmakers, photographers and social media experts—known as Storytellers (contiki.com/storytellers)—to join Contiki’s sustainability partner Céline Cousteau on a VIP conservation trip, based on the brand’s own Costa Rica Unplugged itinerary.
The mission of this trip is to further sea turtle conservation efforts in Costa Rica while simultaneously making young people worldwide aware of the impact their own efforts can have on the preservation of a species.
View the Storytellers’ adventures on Instagram and Twitter using the #contikistorytellers hashtag, and enter to win a chance to go to Costa Rica at contiki.com/storytellers.
The Storytellers include:
- Ben Brown https://twitter.com/MrBenBrown Vlogger. Photographer. Kayak World Champion. London, UK.
- Elise Swopes – https://twitter.com/Swopes Graphic Designer. Mobile Photographer. Chicago, USA.
- Jamie McDell – https://twitter.com/JamieMcDell Songwriter. Youtuber. Auckland, New Zealand.
- Mikael Daez – https://twitter.com/mikaeldaez Actor. Model. TV host. Manila, Philippines.
- Sarah Duff – https://twitter.com/sarahduff Photojournalist. Cape Town, South Africa.
- Seattle Dredge – https://twitter.com/SeattlesTravels Travel Blogger. Photographer. Toronto, Canada
A continuation of the Earth Month initiatives from last year in the Galapagos Islands, Contiki has invited these 12 inspiring storytellers from around the world to travel to Costa Rica for their newest Contiki Cares partnership (www.contiki.com/contikicares) with The Sea Turtle Conservancy (STC).
Joining this diverse group of storytellers are the three winners from a recent contest hosted by Contiki and Matador Network – entrants were asked to submit a video, photo or written essay to describe where they felt closest to nature in hopes of winning a spot on this epic conservation adventure. The winners – who hail from Canada, USA and the Netherlands – had a Matador representative and photographer present to help them hone their skills as they documented this life-changing experience working with Céline Cousteau and the STC.
You have until May 31, 2014 to submit your own photo for a chance to win a trip to Costa Rica
Find out more at www.contiki.com/storytellers