In the Mood For…Great Adventure
Are you a thrill seeker, a daredevil, a not-afraid-of-heights kind of adventurer? Whether you want to hike to the Sun Gate of Machu Picchu or you want to whitewater raft in Austria, you can make like Bilbo Baggins in “The Hobbit” and go on an adventure of your very own!
For this week’s “In the Mood For…” series, we’re gearing up for some great adventures. We’re highlighting some of the great trips and experiences that Contiki travelers have gotten the chance to document.
As Ralph Waldo Emerson stated, “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” Where will your path lead you and what tales of triumph will you take home with you? Check out what other adventurers experienced on their Contiki!
- Contiki’s own graphic designer Andrea not only sky-dived and hiked a glacier, but she also did the infamous New Zealand Canyon Swing on Contiki’s Scenic Southern! Read more about her adventure here.
- Not to be outdone, YouTube duo The Fu Music went on Contiki’s Sweet As South and bungy jumped and ran down the steepest street in the world. Check out their very own adventures in this New Zealand travel vlog!
- Actress Yin Chang of Gossip Girl couldn’t resist paragliding in the Swiss Alps with her friend Aimee Teegarden. Check out their aerial view as they take to the skies while on their Contiki European Impressions tour.
- Thirst Project President & CEO Seth Maxwell traveled with Twilight star Michael Welch on Contiki’s amazing Asian Adventure tour, where they rode elephants and jumped into waterfalls. Check out their adventure through Seth’s Instagram here!
- Have you seen our jumping series? Turn any Contiki tour into your own adventure by jumping in front of famous landmarks – it’s your story so make it count!
- Contiki’s Sales & Marketing Coordinator Brooke explored the beautiful emerald isle, Ireland on Contiki’s 9-day Ireland tour. Check out her discovery of this hidden gem here!
- Ascending Machu Picchu is no easy feat! Find out what hiking to Peru’s ancient Sun Gate is like at the break of dawn!
Want to go on your own adventure? You could travel with Celine Cousteau and dive with her on Contiki’s Ecuador & Galapagos trip in honor of Earth Day. Want to find out more? Visit www.contiki.com/celine2013 and get the scoop!