In the Mood for…Good Food
For the month of March, we’re starting a new series every Monday titled “In the Mood for..” featuring a different theme each week and highlighting the topic with some of our fav blog posts.
This week, we’ll be featuring one of our favorite reasons for traveling: the food! Traveling to new destinations and sampling the local cuisine is one of best parts of your travel story.
As Virginia Woolf would say, “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well” and we wholeheartedly agree! Some of our favorite travel stories revolve around food. What are you in the mood for? Will it be Ferg Burgers in New Zealand, escargot in Paris, the guinea pig “cuy” in Peru, or the alligator in New Orleans? We’ll let you decide by checking out some of our tastiest blog posts around!
- Contiki traveler Kelley Last gave us a round the world chocolate tour that had us jonesing for cocoa!
- If you’re looking for bizarre foods, check out our post on Fascinating Eats Around the World
- Are you a vegetarian about to head out on a Contiki? Check out Being Vegetarian on Tour
- Traveling Down Under and want to grab some grub? Check out our guest post from Laura Druda about the Top 10 Eats Off the Coast of Australia
- The weather is heating up! Check out the cool drinks you can have when traveling abroad.
- Chewy cuy? That’s the verdict in this Peru recap about Cusco and the guinea pig!
- Want to have your cake and eat it too? Check out this dessert blog post and indulge that sweet tooth!
Good news for foodies: Contiki US is offering up to $200 off some of our favorite trips that showcase a wonderfully culinary world! Click here to check out the deal now! (Must be a resident of the United States to take advantage of this sweet deal)