So you've used our jet-setting tips to save up for your dream vacation. You've mastered the art of packing your luggage to the exact measurements required to travel Contiki-style. As you board the plane and stow away your carry-on luggage, you settle into your chair, ready to take on the long flight. After a few hours, you open up your carry-on and go in search of your MP3 player & realize, you don't have your headphones. How could you forget those?
Ever run into this scenario? We polled the Contiki staff to ask them "What's a must-have in your carry-on" and these frequent flyers let us know the items that they think are essential & never leave their side when they're traveling. Here's the list they came up with.
Contiki Top 10 Must-Haves for Your Carry-On
- Drawing Notebook, Books/Magazines, Journal - Draw, read, or write when the flight attendant asks you to turn off your electronic devices
- Chapstick or some sort of lip balm- Avoid chapped lips from dehydration on a plane
- Gum or mints to keep your breath fresh - It can get pretty rank after a few hours on a plane
- Electronic & chargers (for everything!) - Keep these valuables close. You wouldn't want to lose your phone charger when you're on the road!
- Toothbrush (freshen your breath after a long flight) - Brushing your teeth can help refresh you and it doesn't hurt to have clean teeth
- Neck Pillow - So you don't have to rest your head on your neighbor's shoulder
- Empty plastic water bottle - Fill it up after going through security and save yourself from buying water at the kiosk
- Nail File - You never know when you'll break a nail, or you can use it to file down a snag in your nail so it doesn't get caught in anything
- Medicine Kit - Airborne, Emergen-C, headache medicine to help keep you from getting sick before your vacation!
- Any accessory to keep warm - Warm socks, a sweater, or even a scarf that can be used while on the plane, which can get pretty coldsince it's temperature controlled!They don't always offer you blankets on the plane either!
What are the must-haves in YOUR carry-on?